LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkatesh   30 May 2020

Fraud by builder

Dear Sir, I have booked a house for 46 lacs about 2 years back and payed 5 lacs as token amount by cheque. Just took the receipt of it. But builder said they are about to apply for approvals and as and when approval gets we will go for agreement and registration. Till now even after multiple follow ups he says approval got rejected, and the plot is done double registation so we can't do anything and asking to take money back. The property value got doubled by this time and I payed more than 8 lacs intrest for the amount I taken loan for the registration as he said he will do the registration in one month time, and that's got prolonged. What actions I can take against him?

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     30 May 2020

Hello,

You can approach consumer court against the builder for refund and compensation as builder has failed even to register agreement for sale.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     30 May 2020

Yes.  You can approach Consumer Forum of your district.

Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya(Banerje (Lawyer 9830019661 Kolkata WB)     30 May 2020

You have to file your complaint before the State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission as well as before the  Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA).

archanachaudhary   30 May 2020

firstly you can approach Rera

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     31 May 2020

Since the approval got rejected the builder has to refund your amount with interest. Ask him if he can provide another flat in different venture? If he is not willing demand refund of your money with interest. For any legal action follow the advice of my brother Advocates.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register