LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saif   26 May 2020

No rent But TaX

I have a old property without any rental agreement. tenent use to pay till 2017 rs 700/month but stopped paying since 2018. hence, i have not paid property tax. now there is tax of 3 years with panelty which is Tenent ready to pay but not ready to pay rent.
He is making wrong alligations that i am threatening him and provoking me to indulge in argument so he can make case against me as LANDLORD THREATENS TENENT. He want s to take it to court.
What can i do ? i do a service 350km away from that place and not possible for me to get struck with all this legal fights.
help me out guys Thanks.

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 May 2020

Non-payment of rent is a substantial ground for seeking eviction. There is no nexus between non-payment of rent by the tenant and the owner's obligation to pay tax.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 May 2020

Think of such a remedy at the earliest, contact a local advocate, issue eviction notice, and file a suit for eviction as immediately as possible.   Your advocate can guide you further.

Saif   27 May 2020

thank you guys .

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 May 2020

Issue notice to tenant for payment of outstanding rent (within limitation) followed by eviction petition in the competent and jurisdictional court 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register