LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

flawlessking (programmer)     17 May 2020

Money, Trust and Suicidal threats

I lended money to my cousin without paperwork. it's major chunk of my savings, he told me he will return it in installments after failing to give me at once, I agreed. from last 5 months he is not paying me anything. My savings were the only thing left for my survival and I am totally broke.

When I call him, he just cries and threatens me that he will commit suicide if I ask for my money.

I just have all call recordings of him accepting the money he borrowed, he states the total sum he took and time he will return. Apart from that I have bank transfer records details 70% of money which I gave him.

evidence I have.
1.Call recordings (him accepting and stating he borrowed money)
2. Bank NEFT statments 70% of amount and rest Cash transactions(he accepts in call recordings)

How to deal with it??

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     17 May 2020

1. Apprehensively you have been swindeled by your Cousin and now you face threat of his Suicide, for which could fall into gross legal trouble.

2. You have legal option of filing Police FIR and a Civil Suit for Recovery of your amount based on the available documentary evidences you hold.

3. Next time NEVER EVER lend money even to your own Wife or ANYBODY and if you are forced to lend then forget such money.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 May 2020

Yes, you may file a civil suit. Before approaching the Court, you may send a Notice through an advocate detailing the complete particulars of the transaction.

flawlessking (programmer)     18 May 2020

thanks Hemant ji and Venuji for your kind response

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 May 2020

You donot have any evidence/ agreement/ other document to prove the averment. Mere transfer of 70% money may be refund of money taken by you.

Better to forget and forgive and learn a lession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register