LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivalika   13 May 2020

property right

My grandfather bought property with his money. He always named the property in his name and along with his 2 brothers. Brothers have never spend a single penny while buying. But now they are claiming property and want partition as he has put their name in goodwill. In this manner they are fighting. How can I prevent them legally so that they don't get property.

Learning

2 Replies

Kavya Sreejith   13 May 2020

Greetings!

You may opt for a family settlement agreement or claim inheritance rights. You may read more about it at https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/all-about-partitions-in-india-9108.asp

Regards

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 May 2020

Originally posted by : shivalika
My grandfather bought property with his money. He always named the property in his name and along with his 2 brothers. Brothers have never spend a single penny while buying. But now they are claiming property and want partition as he has put their name in goodwill. In this manner they are fighting. How can I prevent them legally so that they don't get property.

1. IF Grand Father can documentarily prove that he financed 100% amount for the Property and has show the property as his asset in his Income Tax Returns and that he put his brothers names only for Family convienence & safety purposes,  THEN he can file a Civil Court Suit for "Declaration" and have the brother's names removed from the Revenue /Municipal records.

2. By virtue of the above, the Brother/s have no right /stake in the property or to demand Partition.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register