LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Andhra Pradesh (Daily Wage Earner)     12 May 2020

Juvenile

My friend was of 12 years of age when she committed a crime.

But the crime came to light after she attained the age of 52 now.

Then, where she would be tried ? in Juvenile Justice Board or Session court ?

I will be more than grateful if anyone can answer my query.

Learning

8 Replies

pankaj verma   12 May 2020

depends on the Nature of crime...but she will be published as per the juvenile act..
1 Like

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     12 May 2020

Originally posted by : Raj Andhra Pradesh
My friend was of 12 years of age when she committed a crime.But the crime came to light after she attained the age of 52 now.Then, where she would be tried ? in Juvenile Justice Board or Session court ?I will be more than grateful if anyone can answer my query.

1. This is a high imaginery question, designed to fool people. 

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

I am not here to fool the experts dear sir. I was really concerned for my friend. Whether you believe or not it's upto you.

And, thank you Pankaj Verma Sir. I am obliged.

I didn't say thanks for this query. please check your notification again respected sir. That was for another query.

Shreya Saxena (Student at Faculty of Law Banasthali Vidyapith Rajasthan.)     12 May 2020

Sir,

There have been instances officially when the Offender has been deemed to be a juvenile with retrospective effect and tried under the Juvenile Justice Act. It depends on the type and intensity of the crime committed by your friend. However, you can also note that Section 7A of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 permits an accused person to raise the “claim of juvenility” before “any court, at any stage, even after the final disposal of the case”.

you can also read: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/critical-analysis-on-juvenile-justice-care-and-protection-of-children-act-2015-9017.asp

Regards

Shreya

Raj Andhra Pradesh (Daily Wage Earner)     13 May 2020

Thank you Shreya ma'am.

And I am repeating to all others, I am not here to waste experts time. I have a high regard for this profession. Don't want to enter into argument with anyone.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 May 2020

You have not posted the material facts. What is the offence alleged? What is the FIR No. as well as Case No.? Which Court?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 May 2020

If the alleged incident/ crime / offence took place when the accused was 12 years of age, she/ he will be  produced before Juvinile Justice Board even after 40 years of the incident.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register