LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishnu P Sopanam   10 May 2020

Eviction of Tenant

I have given shop room for rent to M/s First Flight couriers limited.i have not recieved rent for last 14 months and company is defunct for the last ten months.i have send registered letter to the corporate office and it was returned back.with the reason door closed.Also the owner of the company Mr op saboo is absconding/not traceable.what are the steps to be taken for eviction of the property.furniture.and other fixtures belonging to the company is in the shop room.since key is with the resigned employees they are not giving the key because their arrears for salary.gratuity is pending and they have filed cases for their arrears.

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     10 May 2020

1. The only Legal option available with you is to file a Civil Court case, for possession (based on the available facts & documentary evidences).  The Court would ex parte order the Police to open the Lock, conduct panchnama, handover possession to you and file its report in court.

2. However, you would not be entitled to past pending dues, unless "auction order" is also prayed for in court.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

P. Venu (Advocate)     10 May 2020

Yes, you need to file an eviction petition. If the defendant is missing you need to resort to substituted  service. Wh has been the tenant - the Courier Company or the Franchise?

Vishnu P Sopanam   11 May 2020

The room was rented out to the company.The rent agreement was signed by the general manager of the company.The signatories of the rent agreement has resigned due to non payment of salary.so I can't contact anyone relating to the company

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 May 2020

Anyhow, you may file a Petition for eviction once the Courts open.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register