LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sm makeover   08 May 2020

Bike seized by police - chennai kelambakkam

on 8th may 2020 - time 1.30pm , i was suffering from abdomen pain severely. due to lockdown , i didnt planned to go hospital even its near by. I was consulting a doctor in PRACTO and she sent a medical prescripttion. so i asked my husband to go get it immediately since my pain was more. He went within 1km from our home to get medicine. on the way police has seized our vehicle. even though he showed all proofs, prescripttion and said my wife is in emergency pain. They didnt even bothered about anything. Now the fine is 4000. A big joke in this is my prescripttion amt is 300 but for unnecessarily we are asked to pay 4000rs. I heard govt saying for emergency and necessary needs u can go by following rules. But i dont know y it happened like this. please help me out in getting the govt rule exactly.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 May 2020

What is the allegation and provision of Motor Vehicle Act, 1988 applied for confiscating the motor cycle ? 

Move an application to area Magistrate for handing over the MC on superdari to the registered owner.

Subsequently challange the challan in the Court.

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 May 2020

Many State Governments has since decided to release the vehicles on exection of bonds. P;ease verify whether such relaxation has been made by the TN Government.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register