LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ishani's Diary   05 May 2020

Govt Job

I am doing job in Defense since last 15 years..
I am very depressed regarding this job now.
Don't have any time table for duty.
I want to take rest for 1 year( we don't have 1 year leave).
After 1 year I want to rejoin my job.
How can it be possible .
Kindly help me.
Thank you

Learning

6 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 May 2020

You are in service (you did not mention whether you are in Army, Air Force, Navy or civillian in Defence) for the last 15 years and very well aware of the fact that  there is no such provision in Defence Service Regulations and/or CCS (Leave) Rules to allow more than 60/ 30 days leave of absence at a strech.

You have joined the defence service voluntarily and accepted the terms and conditions, which can not be altered/ amended as your wish.

Take advise and treatment for depression from a psychratist in service hospital if you are entitled. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 May 2020

Yes, are you a civilian or combatant?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 May 2020

Make an informal discussion with a retired official or with office bearers of Ex-servicemen' organization and if you are not willing try to come out on medical grounds as having depression is also a symptom of a disease..  Contact your army doctor also as you can not attend such duties without interest and unwillingly and employees can not be productive and it is also not beneficial to the country also.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 May 2020

Military laws are applicable in your case. Military law provisions govern the role of the Indian Army during peace and war formulated in the form of Statutes, Rules and Regulations. ... The 1958 Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act and the Armed Forces Tribunal Act, 2007, and are also relevant legislation.

Ishani's Diary   07 May 2020

Thank you for clarifying this matter

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 May 2020

You have not given the clarification sought.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register