Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

santhosh (hr)     01 July 2010

GE Cash Card - Unsafe business practice

Hi,

I was using a GE Money Credit Card 2 years ago. I made a settlement for Rs 29988/- on 25/07/2008 to a person collection boy named Vinoth Kumar and obtained the settlement letter ref no. GECC\CBE\0026. After few months i received a statement by email to pay Rs 300/- . I went to the GE Money branch and asked them why i am receiving the mail for getting settlement letter and the person i met told me to ignore it and after a couple of months GE money will stop sending the mail,he also told me that is part of their process. After a months time i received a mail again. I contacted the customer care center from my home and talked to an executive in hyderabad. She also told me the same reason. So thereafter i stopped contacting them but the mails started coming and we ignored. After 2 long years, i got a call from GE money and they asked for the settledment letter number and i provided them the same. All of a sudden without any intimation they have send me a notice stating that i have to pay 12,500/- Rs within a period of 7 days otherwise they will file the case in a court and i have to bear the expenses. This is really humiliating and unfair practise they are adoplting and trying to cheat for no fault of mine.The bank is doing fraud against thier reputed customers and cheat the poor consumers.

Kindly provide me suggestions and what should i do?

Thanks in Advance,
Santhosh

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

You may lodge a police complaint against the company under "Extortion" which is expressly a criminal offence.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 August 2010

You may send the reply to the legal notice preferably thru your lawyer, stating facts as mentioned by you, including details of phone calls, visits, name of company officials to whom you have represented, and ask for the details of the payments due to be paid by you after the settlement letter and payment of the settlement amount ,within  7 days, by registred post/speed post or you shall sue them in a legal manner.

Your lawyer after examining your records shall advice you on nature of the case/cases you can file.

Use the attatched file.

In consumer courts if you are right, you are entitled for litigation expenses,penalty....

Attached File : 44 44 master circular rbi on credit card operations.pdf downloaded: 116 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register