LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sheetal Sood   29 April 2020

Is legal heir certificate connected to poa digitally

Hi , Greetings! My question to you is as follows: My father passed away 5 years back. There was no Will made by him on my mother's name. So, we had to apply for Legal Hier certificate in which names of all the family members (mother, daughter, 2 sons) has come instead of just on my mother's name. Now, me n my elder brother lives in Bangalore after marriage and the younger one lives in Delhi (near to our property in Palampur, H.P.). So after 2 years of my fathers demise we gave a POA to our younger brother as he could easily go to n from to Palampur n see for the sale or any related thing to property. But sadly his wife doesn't hold a morally good character and always busy fighting with my mother or me n her husband as well. So I just wanted to know whether this POA can be cancelled or if that POA gets misplaced is it anyway connected to legal heir certificate. Please suggest what can be done in this case. We all want our property to be on our mother's name so that she can distribute in her own way n want. How can this be done ? Waiting for your response Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Nandhini SR   09 June 2020

Hello,

Considering your situation, you can probably execute a revocation of POA deed by which all powers and authority that you wested on your brother stands cancelled.  Also follow the below stated instruction

1.   Notarise the revocation deed
  2. Send a copy to your attorney
  3. Send a copy to the office where POA was registered
  4. And preserve a copy for your future reference.

Once the above stated procedure is completed you need not worry about the initially executed POA getting misplaced.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register