Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     01 July 2010

Can a portion of case diary be exhibited ??

But i have query....

Can a portion of case diary be exhibited in the court during trial??? and is it admissible in evidence???

plz give citations pertinent to my query.

thanks

Learning

4 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     01 July 2010

Case Diary can be divided into two parts. The first parts deals with the day to day steps taken by the Investigation Officer such as place he visited, person he met and interogated etc. The second parts deals with the statements he recorded which he deems it necessary for the prosecution and for their production during trial as witnesses. The second parts are to be typed out by the copiest of the court and they are to be supplied to the accused before the trial, and this is now made explicit under amended section 242  provisio of the CrPc . The rset of the case diary that is the first part need not be exhibited in the Court.

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     06 July 2010

I AGREE WITH ASSUMI

Satya Mani Tiwari (Service)     10 July 2010

A case diary can be exhibited only for the eyes of trial megistrate and the same may be used by the trial megistrate to come to the conclusion before final judgement.

Munirathnam (Scientist)     14 July 2010

Hi,

Can I get police visit time, place and contacted persons information via Right To Information Act-2005.

All these documents are part of office documents.

Whareas police can deny these documents during the case investiagtion for the security reasons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register