Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Vatnani (Team Lead)     01 July 2010

Officially Resigned but Salary on hold

Hello,

I was working with a pvt ltd comp in mumbai. i had resigned officially and served the notice period also. My last working day was april 30. 2010, it has been 2 months my april salary is not paid they had provided me salary slip but are delaying my salary. now they tell you have to wait for 2 months more as they are short of funds.

What should i do now. i have all the lettes(ie appointment, releiving, sal slip of april too)

Thanks in advance

Learning

5 Replies

Johnson Poojari (Sr.Manager HR)     02 July 2010

u have 3 options :

1. Handle diplomatically and wait  for 2 months or whatever period ,

2. Talk  to the Managing Director  or Email him ur problem.

3. Approach Labour commissioner office  by writing a letter  and CC  to Ur Company HR 

1 Like

Vikas Vatnani (Team Lead)     02 July 2010

Thanks for the reply,

Actually i had mailed my prob to md and he had told that for 2 months we will not process.

I want to know if i take this legally. how much time and money will be spent.

Thanks if advance

P. Selvam (Manager - HR)     02 July 2010

Dear Mr. Vikas,

As per the payment of wages act, if the employees relieve from the organization either by termination or proper exit, it is the employer's liability to settle the dues within 48 hours. You may claim this salary with simple interest, If the employer is fails to pay your outstanding salary.

Anyway, you write a letter to your local Labour officer alongwith the copies of documental evidence, they will advise them to settle your dues.

Or else

Ask your MD to issue back dated cheque or cheque without mentioning date.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 July 2010

Avoid telephonic communications.

Instead send a letter by registred post narrating the total incidence and that on date...MD communicated to you that for another 2 months they will not disburse your unpaid wages due to reason...and that insteadof replying to your written communications in writing you are being disturbed by irrelevant telephonic calls or send an email from your email id registred with the company to the official email id of the MD, and mention for the reason......e.g financial exigencies you cannot wait and require the funds to meet your personal and family expenses,therfore your unpaid wages be paid with interest within 15 days by payable at par cheque/DD and the same may be supplied to you by regd/speed post, so as to reach you within dated...or else you shall be constrained to takeup the matter as deemed fit in a lawful manner. 

Still if your dues are not paid you can lodge a complaint with the office of labour commissioner to get your unpaid wages with interest. 

Vikas Vatnani (Team Lead)     06 July 2010

I want to know if i take this legally. how much time and money will be spent.

Thanks in advance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register