LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin Kumar   19 April 2020

About transfer

Namaste to all. I'm nitin Kumar from Punjab currently working in indusind bank. it is a Pvt bank. I have query about it. as everybody knows when a person joins any Pvt Ltd co. then that time person sign the agreement or form. where company's terms and conditions are mentioned. in that form a line is very famous. that company can transfer you any where in that same salary. in my case I'm off roll. I know that company has rights to transfer but that is only if they don't want that employee in their firm. pls help me what can I do .if I don't want to get transferred by company or any other laws. which can save me from transfer. pls help . do the Indian law have any ipc , crpc, or any other civil or companies act. which can save me from transfer. pls help.

Learning

5 Replies

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     19 April 2020

For exigencies of work, a company can transfer your service to anywhere when it is mentioned in your letter of appointment. There is hardly anyway to avoid such transfer. 

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     19 April 2020

As clearly mentioned in your appointment letter, duly accepted by you prior to your joining, your post is transferable from one place to another in case of the requirement of the employer. There is no such law in India restraining your employer to use the term mentioned in the appontment except in case the same is against the provisions.

You cannot bak out from your acceptance of the term of the appointment. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 April 2020

You have stated inter alia, that, "..In my case I am off roll.." what do you mean from the statement ?

Are you on "contract" employment and not regular appointee ? 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 April 2020

Since you are well aware of the Bank policy qua transfer/ posting of its employees, which has been accepted by you in the appointment offer letter, what is the dispute/ clarification sought in this query ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 April 2020

Facts, as posted, lacks clarity, Please post simple facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register