LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RICHARD JUVENTIUS   13 April 2020

Reg entitlement of my gratuity

Sir I am Working in a PVT LTD Concern and my DOJ is 15/09/2015 ,and i had given my Resignation On 01/04/2020 and currently working on RELEAVING Period ,Now Company had given me a Option to myself to deside the DATE OF RELIVING , my question was RELIVING DATE Which i Want To Deside to make me eligible for Gratuity ??..

OUR FACTORY WORKS ON 365 DAYS and i am having Duty 6 Days / WEEK, i had availed EL for 5 Days @ My Fourth Year Service and i hold EL Balance of 29 Days..

What Does Exactly Continual Service of 190/240 Days Means ( Whether it include/exclude EL Leave and Sundays ) ..

Kindly Advice me on RELIVING DATE..

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 April 2020

To be eligible for gratuity under the Gratuity Act, an employee needs to have at least five full years of service with the current employer, 

RICHARD JUVENTIUS   13 April 2020

BUt in Some Forms it is mentioned as 240/190 Days in 4th Year as per Honorable Madras High Court

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     19 April 2020

I assume that you have worked for more than 240 days in last year (5th Year). Hence, you will be entitled to gratuity.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     19 April 2020

I do endorse the advice of Nitesh.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register