LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shri Nath   03 April 2020

Leaving home during lockdown

I am resident of Chennai and left home to buy daily supplies and vegetables on 1st April. However, while returning back, it appeared that Police put barricades on the road and caught hold of more than 100 people seeking information about address, age, vehicle and phone number, identity etc. Further my identity card was seized along with many others and we were asked to collect the same from near by Police Station. On going to collect the Id card the next day, I was informed that some case will be charged against us and summon shall be sent from Court. In this regard, I seek solution regarding the following matters: 1. I had the bill of groceries that I purchased which has time stamp on it and I tried to convey them that I left home to buy daily supplies only which is permitted during morning 6 am to 2.30 pm. 2. I was alone (not accompanied by anyone else from family) and was wearing proper N95 mask. 3. I did not resist or tried to obstruct any actions of Police personnel. So, what could be the matter for charging case against me and what could be the remedy if such summon is received? Also, can the grocery bill be sufficient to prove that I went out only to buy daily supplies and can or shall there be any other remedy/requirement to prove my purpose. Quick reply in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     04 April 2020

1. Police is empowered u/s 144 Cr.P.C. r/w 188 IPC, to prosecute violators for violating prohibiatory orders that are in force till 14th April. However there are certain exceptions classified as "essential services /commodities".

2. Since you are having documentary evidences of essentail commodities, in the form of Bills, you may inform the court magistrate, when called out, and request for condoning off the offence, by duly producing your documentary evidences. The same shall be considered positively, by court.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Shri Nath   15 April 2020

Thanks a lot, Sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register