LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Ujjain   03 April 2020

Remove aircel tower from own land

Aircel recently closed their service in india, but their tower still not removed from all the places. My land also acquired for the tower, after aircel service closed no any rent given by the company . I want to remove this. who is the authority and what can i do now.?

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 April 2020

Send a legal notice through a lawyer and file money recovery suit in consumer courts.

Palak Singh   03 April 2020

Hey,

Supreme Court in March of 2017 directed BSNL to deactivate one of its cell phone towers, located in a residential area in Gwalior since 2003, on the suspicion by a petitioner that it might have caused the cancer of a resident, working in its vicinity.

While, it has been recognized by several courts across the globe that cell phone towers have the potential of harming human life by the radiations emitted by it, this does not necessarily mean that the everyone will get a relief. In your case, since Aircel has already shut down its services, then you might contact the local authorities such as the civic bodies, for the removal of the tower from your property or you can go forward and file a petition or a civil suit.

You can also contact Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) enumerating your grievances and the problems that the tower is causing to you and the general public at large.

Hope this answers your question!

Regards

Palak Singh

Mithun Nayaka   03 April 2021

I have lost aircel tower doccument  since rent as not received from past 2years and moreover we want to remove tower kindly help me in this issue

Arunkumar A   22 December 2021

Same problem I too facing in Coimbatore. Let me know if you find and contacts to remove? 

Kawmini Liyanage   23 December 2021

Greetings!

The recent issued reguations by the Department of Telecommunication declares that every state must adhere to the authority of Telecom Enforcement and Resource Monitoring TERM and their approval.

citizen activists, with or without help from state agencies or civic bodies, can no longer unilaterally shift, remove or seal a cell phone tower. They must first approach a [TERM] cell for clearance.

Further, a Letter of Demand can be sent to the client company who built the tower in your property regarding the default money per the agreement. 

Regards,

Kawmini Liyanage.

Ram Ji   26 December 2021

Some one remove the tower in my area .. they got some paper like legal document for removal ..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register