LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kempanna   19 March 2020

Mining rocks belonging to government

Can anyone help me with this query,theres a land that been sold recently to one of the politician ,at the borders of the land there exists huge rocks that belongs to Government ,but the land owners are mining off those rocks and not letting anyone near by and loading the rock pieces to far away ,My question is ,Is it legal to mine of the rocks near your land and use it for your own benefit and not letting people any information about it ??? How to oppose such issues as the land owner is highly politically influenced . How to question such issues .. How to know whether the mining is done legally or illegally.. I believe this forum can answer and help me with this issue to give justice to government property getting misused. Please suggest on this !!

Learning

3 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     19 March 2020

1. Mining of any type Rocks, Sand, Mud, Minerals, Water etc.... requires yearly permit, which is duly issued by the district Collector and depending on circumstences and locations, further permission is required from the Environment and Pollution depts.  Royalty is to be to the Govt, for the same.

2. Complaint to Collector and IF he fails to take action, THEN file WP in HC, for directions to him to stop such illegal mining.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     19 March 2020

Dear querist,

Mining in land and excavating rocks are illegal. First you have to sought permission then you will have to pay the royalty to goverment. Collector possess the powers to issue royalties for excavation.

Regards,

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 March 2020

You can collect the information about the illegal quarry through your own sources and give a complaint to the revenue department about it.

Let them confirm if it is illegal quarrying or the owner has taken permission for quarrying 

If the revenue department is not taking any action in this regard then you can file a PIL before high court seeking to stop the illegal quarrying 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register