LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

geebee   28 February 2020

Brokerage and token advance refund

On july 10th 2018 received 1.5 lacs by NEFTas advance for selling my empty plot.party brought by a land broker known to me.since im at a distant place all discussion was throu phone and sms.no written agrrement or documents.it was mutually agreed to complete registration before decmber 2018.even till march 2019 nothin happened ..called broker over phone..since buyer contact info was not provided..he told he will buy half the plot now and the other half at a later date..since it was not feasible i refused.got a prospective buyer directly on oct 2019.informed broker and sold the property in dec 19..since march 2019 i was requestin broker for bank details to return the advance which he refused to provide. during dec 19 second week sent a cheque for 1.5lacs in brokers name to his address ,recived,,till now not cashed. now the broker is demanding 30000 for interest and 70000 as brokerage fee what to do??

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 February 2020

If there is a written agreement or conversation that has taken place electronically, let him demand such rights through the process of the court.  Make a stop payment of the cheque and inform the broker that in view of the threats/notices, the payment was kept in abeyance as the party who has paid in advance is not known and there is no clue on whose name the amount has to be refunded.   Always contact a local advocate while dealing with such transactions.

abrha   28 February 2020

Hyperbolic Stretching program contains some of the oldest techniques that will assist you in attaining batter flexibility, improved endurance, and stronger pelvic muscles. The best part about this program is that you only need to take 8-minutes every day out of your busy schedule.

For more info, please visit https://hyperbolicstretching.review

(Guest)
Keep all the record of electronic conversation and he can't ask for brokerage fee at this stage.
mail us for a detail solution

Regards
satyammishra181@gmail.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 February 2020

No brokerage can be claimed and required to be paid on the basis of limited facts posted by you.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 February 2020

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant documents/communication for better appreciation of facts/ record, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register