LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SUMIT GADHAVE (ACCOUNTANT)     28 February 2020

Hsa 2005

If father died before 2005 then can her daughters claim right in house where is son living?

Learning

10 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 February 2020

If the father has built that house with his own money (self-acquired by him), irrespective of his date of death, daughter is having the right to claim a legitimate share and the facts/circumstances on records like the will of deceased, etc may play a part in determining the claim on such rights after 15 years.

SUMIT GADHAVE (ACCOUNTANT)     28 February 2020

But house was allotted & legally transferredbin his name by government authorities as flood victims then still rights can be claimed?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 February 2020

Whether the deceased left the property intestate ?

Daughter(s) have equal right as that of son(s).

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 February 2020

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant documents for better appreciation of facts/ record, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 February 2020

Please post material facts as to the title of your father to the property.

SUMIT GADHAVE (ACCOUNTANT)     29 February 2020

Material facts means sir? I have following info 1) Govt authority alloted house through old letter in 1961 as flood victim to my grandfather. 2) Grandfather died in 2004 3) Now my father living in this house 4) So,if HSA applicable from 2005 then it is mandatory to give share in this house property to my father's sister (4 sister -married) Please suggest any way out

Material facts means sir? I have following info 1) Govt authority alloted house through old letter in 1961 as flood victim to my grandfather. 2) Grandfather died in 2004 3) Now my father living in this house 4) So,if HSA applicable from 2005 then it is mandatory to give share in this house property to my father's sister (4 sister -married) Please suggest any way out

The facts posted suggest that the property is self acquired, not ancestral. On the death of the grandfather the property is jointly vested with your father and his sister. 

Sir but what about Hindu Succession act 2005 was came into force frm SEP 2005 ?it's retro prospective effect

What you are referring is the amendment to HSA. Prior to this amendment, the women were not considered to be coparceners in ancestral property ( i.e. the property which has not been common holding for more than four generations without partition).

The property in the instant case is the self acquired holding of your grandfather. After his death, the property if left intestate (i.e.without making a Will) would be jointly vested with  the legal heirs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register