LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jaylal Jaisingh Bisukarma @ B. (LAWYER /ADVOCATE)     28 June 2010

LEGAL-AID PANEL A MOCKERY

LEGAL-AID PANEL ARE CONSTITUTED IN INDIAN COURTS AND ADVOCATES ARE EMPANELED THEREIN. ARE REALLY THE ADVOCATES WHO ARE ON PANEL BEEN GIVEN / ASSIGNED THE MATTER ? ITS OBSERVED THAT MOSTLY THE ADVOCATES WHO ARE NOT ON PANEL ARE ASSIGNED THE WORK. THEN WHY THE PANEL IS CONSTITUTED, IF THE ADVOCATES FROM THE PANEL ARE NOT ASSIGNED THE WORK. ITS REALLY A MOCKERY OF ADVOCATES WHO ARE LISTED IN PANEL AND NOT ASSIGNING THEM WORK.

Learning

7 Replies

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     28 June 2010

REPRESENT THE SAME TO THE REGISTRAR OF THE H.C CONCERN AND FILE A PIL THAT WILL ONLY  SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. 

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     28 June 2010

This is very important issue and I would like to join in the discussions. Even in our state Advocates are empanelled but despite the availability of such panel advocates, sometimes the Court appoint some other advocates as for example under section 304 CrPc. Question now is whether such assignment by the Court outside the State empanellment is legal or not?  

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     28 June 2010

Legal Aid should be provided as soon as the accused in produced before the Magistrate - so says the Supreme Court. However , i have never seen it happen in lower courts. It is only when charge sheet is submitted and the case is ready for trial , lawyer is appointed.

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     28 June 2010

Even PPs APPs and GPs are there to ask money from poor litigants.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     28 June 2010

Dear rajan Sir, You look great with that cap on your head.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     29 June 2010

Thats to hide my receding hairline. The scarf is ur courtesy.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     05 July 2010

Dear Author,

I do agree with the vies of my Ld. friend. M also sufferring with this problem. M also the panel lawyer for the Delhi Legal AID but m sorry to say the cases have been marked to the only those panel lawyers who are having approach or who are the members of concerned Bar Association. M also of the view that if the cases were to mark only to those lawyers then y the formality of making a panel and interview nad like that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register