LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anupam Ojha   11 February 2020

Locker operation

Sir I received a case for locker operation in which customer is an NRI and the locker is on the name of husband and wife and out of Which wife got deceased and her name is also differ as provided in document...now the daughter wants to operate the locker her mother name is totally differ as per our record and also his father signature is differ she provide registered poa from embassy which mentioned that both person are same please suggest can we allow operation if signature is totally different with our record

Learning

5 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     12 February 2020

1. What was the operation condition for the Locker
  2. Whether the Death Certificate is submitted by the Locker Holder regarding the Joint Locker Holder and what is the name written in the Death Certificate.
  3. Whether the original death certificate is submitted to you.
  4. I am quite skeptical about the POA mentioning that the dead lady's names differ but the same person. What I understand is that when a person changes name, relative Gazette notification by the Government should be available. 
  5. And whether the name and signature of the father on POA are tallying with your records?
  6. The contents of the locker are unknown and you should be careful.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 February 2020

First, the claim for locker should be settled as per given guidelines and norms by RBI/depending on succession acts. .  While opening the locker, there should be a panchanama to record the articles and only settlement is the remedy.  A new locker has to be provided.   The 

Anupam Ojha   12 February 2020

Sir in this case customer is a senior citizen and one holder is alive he send poa through his daughter for locker operation

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     12 February 2020

Madam, You only expressed certain doubts in view of which I raised several queries. Please inform full details or escalate the matter in your bank for early resolution. Ultimately, you need to act as per your bank rules only!

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 February 2020

The surviving locker holder should address a letter to the bank and should request the bank to delete the name of the deceased by producing the original death certificate, and should also handover fresh account opening forms including the name of his daughter with KYC formalities  .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register