Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepti Ganatra   12 February 2020

Brand name owners declaration under legal metrology rul

Dear All,

Our company is planning to sell oil to our distributors, the oil is manufactured by a third party exclusively for our company. But the package mentions our brand name on the Principal Display Panel. The registered office address mentioned on the package is that of the manufacturer. With regard to the provisions under the Legal Metrology Rules, please share your opinion if the name and address of our company is also to be mentioned on the package.

As per the definition of 'manufacturer' given under the said Rules, it includes a person who lets his mark to be put on the package even if he is not the manufacturer. So I am of the view that our name and address should also be declared on the package. 

Request to confirm if my understanding is correct, i.e., whether the name and address of brand owner is mandatory to be declared on the package. If Yes, is it to be accompanied by a prefix "marketed by" or anything else.

Thanks and regards,
Deepti Ganatra

Learning

3 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     12 February 2020

The name and address of Manufactrurar  / Packer   is must and  also  name and address of the company for which the product is produced;

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     12 February 2020

Dear querist,

The name and address of the brand owner has to be declared as marketed by on the product and the name of manufacturer also to be mentioned.

Regards,

Deepti Ganatra   13 February 2020

Thank you for sharing your opinions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register