LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

D Nanda Kumar (Manager)     08 February 2020

Mentioning rules in high court of mumbai

I had filed a Contempt writ petition in Mumbai high court on October, 2015 which got listed in April, 2016. The case was assigned to a two Judge bench in 2019. Based on my age (70) the case was mentioned about 3 months back, date of hearing given and I was expecting hearing on that specified date. But it didn't happen and I am told hat its not happening as the judges in the bench which delivered the judgement (in 2008 based on which the writ is now filed) is no longer in service. Is it true? According to me mentioning requires the present Judges assigned the case should hear the case?

Learning

2 Replies

Nikita Parekh   08 February 2020

Hello Querist

You can approach the Office of Prothonotary And Senior Master situated at Bombay High Court for clarification

Further you can also email me at
nikita.parekh75@gmail.com for any further legal assistance

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 February 2020

"The King never dies " is the maxim in the Constitution of England and same is applicable in instant case. The judges presently holding the Court shall hear the petition.

It is advisable to consult another local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding if you are not satisfied with the lawyer engaged/ paid by you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register