LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji   28 January 2020

Single house bought by two persons litigation

Me and friend together bought a single house(ground floor) with separate documents registering 113 square yards each.My land occupies 35 percent of the house and my friends 65 percent.Initially my friend agreed to share 50 percent of the rent for 5 years.This agreement was oral.After two months of    purchase of house,he built two rooms in his portion on first floor and residing now.He also dug new borewell and stairs in his portion.Now he is refusing to share any rent to me and asking me to cut the slab and separate my portion.I'm not in a financial position to do it now.Is there any right for me to get rent.If yes ,how much percentage of rent should i get legally when the house is not divided yet(we share common slab)?Please advice what should i do now.he occupied the house and i'm residing elsewhere

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 January 2020

As per the market fair rent and occupied place ratio i.e. 35:65

Balaji   29 January 2020

Thank you for replying Sir.Does he have any right to cut the slab without my permission?

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 January 2020

forget the rent recover your posseion, before it is too late that you will lose your property just partition as per the documents and secure your share or he will refuse to let you in after sometime.

Even if you agreee for rentals he will never let you in still he will grab whatever he is in posseion. Just be acreful

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 January 2020

posseion *possesion

acreful  *careful

Balaji   29 January 2020

Thanks for replying Sir.The rooms are positioned in my portion in such a way that if i cut the slab, i had to build walls again and the rooms become short and odd.Rooms are of no use because most of the part is the open land.My friend's portion has no open land.I want to start construction afresh five years later.He is insisting me to cut the slab or else he will do it.Does he have any right to cut the slab without permission.He also constructed two rooms above floor without separating the slab.Is it legal to do so? Please advice taking all these situations into consideration.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register