LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satyam Verma   22 January 2020

I can not Breck my FD before maturity in Sahara

sir I was fixed deposit in Sahara at this time my financial condition is poor and was to Sahara office and sid to Breck my FD then branch manager say that is not happen in Sahara before maturity

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 January 2020

Procedure for Breaking Fixed Deposit Before Maturity

Now the procedure for breaking the fixed deposit is fairly simple and much faster. However, the whole procedure can vary across PSU banks and Private banks. The procedure can also vary if you take into consideration online vs. offline

When you create a Fixed Deposit or Recurring Deposit, the bank sends you Deposit Certificate or receipt after some days of opening it (In case of many PSU banks, you need to collect it manually by going to branch). This is just a receipt or a proof of deposit. Now you can carry this deposit certificate to branch and ask the bank official to break your FD, they should be able to process your request.

However in case you do not have the deposit receipt or have lost it somewhere, you don’t have to worry much, in that case, you will have to give them a letter or fill up a premature FD breaking form available at the bank branch, read further to know about it. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 January 2020

Contact Branch incharge where you have the fixed deposit, there is no legal issue involved in the query for obligation of experts.

However, if you still feel so, it is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with documents for better appreciation of facts and professional guidance .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register