Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilesh Kumar Srivastava   15 January 2020

Relief for cancer patients in court hearing.

Respected forum, I am a patient of cancer, it's literally harder for me to attend the hearing every second month. My 1st wife after 30 years of divorce had claimed for maintenance and this case is going on in High court. Please suggest me is there any laws or past judgement which could help me out in this condition. Or is there any method such that my case date which is coming today after every second month should start coming at least with a interval of 6 months. Any suggestions would be literally helpful.

Learning

5 Replies

Sb Karma   15 January 2020

Best way to consult with lawyer,

and pray to the court with your all genuine,problem and facts.

Because court only go through your factsheet only

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 January 2020

In my understanding, in the given facts, you are rquired to be present in the Court unless you are specifically directed.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 January 2020

You need not be present on each and every date in the appeal case, your lawyer is sufficient to proceed. However, if required your lawyer shall request the Court to exempt from personal appearance (s) on the basis of your physical condition.

God Bless you with earliest recovery.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 January 2020

In my babove posting, "you are rquired" may kindly be read as "you are not  required". The lapse is regretted.

As such, my suggestion reads as follows:

"In my understanding, in the given facts, you are not rquired to be present in the Court unless you are specifically directed."

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 January 2020

Your lawyer can take care of your appearance before court even without your physical appearance.

However he may be instructed to file a petition under section 205 Cr.p.c. to dispense with personal appearance for the said reasons.

The court will certainly allow the petition in your  favor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register