LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aarjun vhajage (Lawyer)     14 January 2020

Exhibiting certified copies of the respondent

I AM FOR THE PEITIONER. CROSS OF PETITIONER IS FINISHED. EVIDENCE OF PEITIONER IS CLOSED. CROSS OF RESPONDENT IS GOING ON. I WANT TO PRODUCE CERTIFIED COPIES OF CHIEF AND CROSS OF THE RESPONDENT OF PREVIOUS CASE. WILL IT BE ADMISSIBLE AT THIS STAGE?   

Learning

6 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     15 January 2020

Dear sir,

Producing documents at this stage is difficult. You may refer these documents during cross examination if court allows.

Regards,

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 January 2020

The query according to me is this: I WANT TO PRODUCE CERTIFIED COPIES OF CHIEF AND CROSS OF THE RESPONDENT OF PREVIOUS CASE. WILL IT BE ADMISSIBLE AT THIS STAGE?   

These can be used for confronting in cross-examination respondent without a doubt and after witness admits the facts, documents can be marked.  The law is not that rigid, and documents can be filed after convincing the court for the inability for producing it earlier and depends on relevancy.

Shashi Dhara   15 January 2020

Yes you can with application if it is dismissed then you can approach higher court by miscellanious appeal.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 January 2020

The witness (petitioner's) would be requesting the Court to be recalled for exhibiting the document(s) left over  despite due diligence or that were not in power and possession of the witness  ?

Consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents, and advise.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 January 2020

You can very well produce the certified copy of the deposition of the respondent who adduced this evidence in some other court to extract the facts that are required to be established in this court's case. 

You can even get it marked through him as your side exhibit after cross examining him on this matter or document.

aarjun vhajage (Lawyer)     10 February 2020

Thank you so much to all my friends. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register