Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RANGANATH (MANAGER)     25 June 2010

DAUGHTER SHARE IN FATHER PROPERTY

Dear All

My father expired in 2006. my mother is alive, my sister is married.

my father has got a property and my mother has got a property

What ever the share we are supposed give to my sister everything we had given in cash, site reigistered directly in her name before the death of my father.

Now she started asking for share again.

But my mother knows everything she does not want to give her anything becoz nothing is left (her share)

how can i transfer my father property in my name.

Please help me

N

Learning

5 Replies

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     25 June 2010

hi rangnath ,if there are some question ariese -

1- the property is ur father self earned otherwise ancestral ?

2-ur father write any "will"before his death ?

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     25 June 2010

Dear Ranganath,

Did your father died intestate (without writing a Will), did he self acquired or it was his ancestral property? If he died intestate all the 1st Degree heirs i.e., your mother, you and your sister are entitled to get share in your father's property.  As per  Hindu succession Act, your sister is asking her share in the property, there is nothing wrong in it., All the legal heirs have to apply for transfer of katha jointly in their names first in the jurisdictional revenue authorities with a copy of your father's death certificate.  Later on they can go for a registered partition deed, which is the only way to get their respective share legally.

RANGANATH (MANAGER)     26 June 2010

Dear Sir,

My father has not made any will.

The property is self earned.

Actually khata is transfered to my name with no objection affidavit given by my mother and my sister.

but to sign on release deed she is objecting,

please suggest me

m.kupparaju (Advocate)     28 June 2010

Dear Ranganath,

Mere transfer of katha in your name by obtaining Affidavit/no objection from your mother and sister will not confirm you as sole and absolute owner of the entire property or deny the share of your mother and sister being the I Degree legal heirs as per Hindu Succession Act, 1956, you have mentioned that your father had died intestate without leaving any will, only way to solve legally is to go for registration of Partition Deed, and compromise your sister by paying her share in cash and get it done by smoothly and dont get entangaled legally.

All the best,

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     08 July 2010

YES SIR SKJ ,

THE PROBLEM OF RANGNATHAN IS SOLVED BY ME AND ALL THE MY ELDER EXPERT SENIOR LIKE U ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register