Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeraj   09 January 2020

Pre-nupital

Hi,

I am considering marriage to a suitable and well qualified girl who earns well for herself.

I am at a regular job myself and am well earning and have a house for myself of which I am the sole owner.

In the case that we enter into a pre-nupital, what is the legal process of signing one?

Also, do the Courts have a guidance on the alimony ?

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     09 January 2020

that is an agreement, you can just agree on terms and conditions.

Manjunath   09 January 2020

Marriage based on any condition or agreement is not valid in court of India..

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     10 January 2020

THAT AGREEMENT CANNOT BE VALID, SINCE PRE-NUPTIAL AND ANTI NUPTIAL AGREEMENT ARE VOID.

Ananya Gosain   03 September 2021

A prenuptial agreement is a type of contract entered by couples who are about to get married wherein they decide the liabilities and finalize the distribution of their assets upon failure of their marriage. It includes the distribution of property or any spousal support in the event of a break of marriage or divorce. In India, prenuptial agreements are not legal as well as not valid under marriage laws because Hindu marriages are not considered as a contract. Any agreement which is opposite or contrary to the public policy is not an acceptable agreement. All matrimonial laws depend on the Hindu marriage act which has a particular provision of maintenance and alimony if either of the parties claim it after divorce. Generally, alimony is granted based on income, property of both the parties and their conduct. Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register