Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinod Parekh   05 January 2020

Installing a sliding window in my flat terrace

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a Resident member of Housing society in Nallasopara West. My flat is on 3rd floor and has a 100sqft terrace. In 2015 I had to install a sliding window to ensure safety of my daughter who was 4 years old then. As soon as I did so my society started charging penalty of Rs. 500/- per month since 2015. This penalty has now reached a figure of around Rs. 60,000/- plus interest on same. I refused to pay such an amount as doesn't seem to be ligitimate. As per society they have passed the decision of charging penalty on illegal construction and encroachment in AGM, however they have not made any amendment to bye-law to this effect.

Kindly guide me on the above, if the society can charge such penalty. If yes, whether to be per month or a one time charge AND if not, then what steps should I take.

I have another issue with my society that they are not maintaining the society properly. The building terrace has developed cracks over the years. I being on the top floor have to suffer a lot. They installed roofs on society terrace and while installing damaged my kitchen ceiling and one of the pillars. They have installed heavy iron rods to support the huge roof. Second time, Society without taking appropriate caution just spilled the tank water on the building terrace under the pretext that they are washing the water tanks. However, the water entered the cracks and came gushing in my flat and spoiled my false ceiling. I nearly spent Rs. 75,000/- on repairs. 

please guide me how can I take care of this situation or sort this matter with society.

kind regards,

Vinod Parekh

Learning

2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     05 January 2020

Just file an appeal and don sit like that,it will tell upon you. Take the legal action no0w if you feel really aggrieved by the society decision...

Vinod Parekh   05 January 2020

Many thanks for such a prompt response, which is well noted. However, I would also like to have your opinion on the 1st and major problem "installing the sliding window in my terrace" for which my society is charging penaties...

kind regards,

Vinod Parekh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register