Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Phani Sridhar (adfsadf)     22 June 2010

Job on compassionate ground

Hi

My father retired under medical grounds in 2006. He was an employee of Andhra Bank. During his retirement we had submitted for request to appoint either of his wife/son/daughter in some cadre in the bank under compassionate grounds. We were told that the compassionate grounds appointment are no more in the bank by some of the officers in the bank verbally although there is no communication in writing from the management of Andhra Bank. We dont what has happened to our request in writing. Are we eligible to ask them for a job in whichever cadre they please.

Please let me know

Thanks
Phani

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

1. Appointment on compassionate ground is not a matter of rights.

2. If the deceased employee has completed 30 years of service and/or attained the age of 55 years, the case doesn't falls under compassionate grounds.

3. While considering an application for appointment on compassionate grounds the other sources of income is kept in view and if the question of earning bread comes in existence.

4. In fit cases the question of vacancy position not occurs.  A post in lowest scale can be created to provide opportunity to earn bread to the dependents of the deceased employee.

Welcome if any other question. 

Phani Sridhar (adfsadf)     23 June 2010

Hi.

Thanks for reply. Few details below

1. My father retired at an age of 51. He has not completed 30 years of service. He has retired in 2006 under medical grounds - he suffered paralysis and has been since incapacitated to work from 2004 and till date he is on bed with 70% disability as certified by NIMS medical board.

2. Is the appointment under compassionate grounds applicable to Andhra Bank

3. Yes, I have understood that no demand can be placed on the management for the said issue. But can we request the management to consider this under the given history

Thanks again

Phani

(Guest)

Dear,

What I told you is the policy matter in Government establishment.  Now you check it that whether the Andhra Bank is a Government Establishment or otherwise.

Phani Sridhar (adfsadf)     28 June 2010

Hi,

Andhra Bank is a public sector bank. It says 'A government of India undertaking' under its banner. So does this policy of appointment on compassion grounds applicable to this organization?

Thanks

Phani

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register