LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DM   22 November 2019

Default on loans - transfer property

My father gave a close family friend in Hyderabad, Telaangana, a loan of 30Lacs in 2016. This friend paid the interest for this loan for 6 months properly. After that this friend has run into financial issues and is not able to pay the principal and the interest amount.

My father has his friend's apartment registration papers and also a land's title deed book only (and NOT the pattadar passbook).

Questions:

1) What will be the process to register his friend's apartment (in Hyderabad) and portion of the land (in Kurnool, Andhra) to my father's name?

2) What will be the process to evaluate the apartment's value? And also the land's value?

3) What are our options to get the money back from this friend?

Thanks!

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Holding the Title Documents alone will Not entitle you for any Rights in that

(Guest)

Even if any Mortgage Deed is there it has to undergo Legal Process to make a claim

(Guest)

Post the Query in detail disclosing all the facts please

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     22 November 2019

Dear dm,

1) What will be the process to register his friend's apartment (in Hyderabad) and portion of the land (in Kurnool, Andhra) to my father's name?

Having property documents are not sufficient to trasnfer apartment in your father's name.

2) What will be the process to evaluate the apartment's value? And also the land's value?

You can contact government valuer for valuation or you can find out from government valuation published for stamp duty calculation.

3) What are our options to get the money back from this friend?

You have to file recovery suit in civil court based on documents available with you.

Regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register