LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakshinda   10 November 2019

Change of names from sale agreement to sale deed

I have done a Sale Agreement with a builder in joint names of me and my husband. Now the property is going to be registered and I want to register it in my husband and my daughter's joint names. Can I go ahead with the registration or do I have to modify the Sale Agreement? What is the procedure as the builder is unable to guide me properly in this.

Learning

4 Replies

Sb Karma   10 November 2019

Originally posted by : Rakshinda
I have done a Sale Agreement with a builder in joint names of me and my husband. Now the property is going to be registered and I want to register it in my husband and my daughter's joint names. Can I go ahead with the registration or do I have to modify the Sale Agreement? What is the procedure as the builder is unable to guide me properly in this.

1st modified then registered.

And please go through local lawyer for details because he need to go through clauses too for your best

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 November 2019

Ji, if there is a clause that the sale deed will be executed in the name of  the buyer or his/her agent/nominee at the time of registration of sale deed".  then you can add your daughter's name instead of your name.

Thank you so much Ji.

Okay. Thank you so much.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register