Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JAGADEESH (XXXX)     07 November 2019

Quarreling inside Company...Double jeopardy matter

Respected Seniors,

In my company in two employees X & Y were quarrelled during February 2019, resulting which "X" got small head injury. Management appointed Fact finding committee, based on the report, both X and Y were issued Charge sheet by Disciplinary Authority. By reacting this X filed private complaint in the month of Aug 2019 through an advocate at Hon'ble court. Y surrended to Police and obtained bail from Hon'ble Court. Now Management issued notice of enquiry letter.

My question is that, now Management can conduct and punish the employee as the matter is dealing by Hon'ble cour. On
considering Double Jeopardy.

Learning

1 Replies

Sb Karma   08 November 2019

Originally posted by : JAGADEESH
Respected Seniors,In my company in two employees X & Y were quarrelled during February 2019, resulting which "X" got small head injury. Management appointed Fact finding committee, based on the report, both X and Y were issued Charge sheet by Disciplinary Authority. By reacting this X filed private complaint in the month of Aug 2019 through an advocate at Hon'ble court. Y surrended to Police and obtained bail from Hon'ble Court. Now Management issued notice of enquiry letter. My question is that, now Management can conduct and punish the employee as the matter is dealing by Hon'ble cour. Onconsidering Double Jeopardy.

Yes management can conduct and punish the employee.Hon'ble Court deal with X complaint  not managements internal matter.

Even management can reduce pay/or impose fine etc. its their internal matter-but don't go hard punish.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register