LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsimran Singh   07 November 2019

Government employee probation period extended without notice

I was appointed as Excise Inspector, Government of Punjab, on 10th July 2017. In my appointment letter, it was written that Group B, departmental rules and Punjab Civil service rules & General service conditions rules will be applicable on my service, and it is a permanent recruitment.

In october 2018, I reported some embezzlements & financial irregularities at some institutions to my office, but my higher officials forced me not to submit those reports & to give clean chit. Then after that, my departmental officials didn't initiate any legal action against those institutions but in return with collusion of my higher officers, some employees of those institutions filed bogus complaints against me, & preliminary enquiry is being delayed in order to harrass me and to extend my probation period in a wrongful way. Enquiry officer is the same higher officer who is in collusion with abovesaid institutions.

My probation period is to be cleared on 9th July 2019 by Additional chief secretary(government-->appointing authority). But officials from district level reported that 6-7 complaints are under enquiry against me, so with accordance to rules, my probation period should be extended. So today, Additional chief secretary passed order regarding extension of probation period to 6 months, without giving any explaination or notice.

I had explained to various officers at Head office about these bogus complaints, but noone listened.

Note: My ACR is written as Very good by department, No show cause notice or any other notice is issued to me.

Rule 7 of Punjab Civil services(general services rules) 1994, deals with PROBATION. Rule 7.3.b states that if his work or conduct has not been, in its opinion, satisfactory or if failed to pass the departmental examination, if any, specified in the service rules--

(ii) extend his period of probation and thereafter pass such order as it could have been passed on expiry of probation as specified in sub-rule(1)

But this order of extension of probation period is direct violation of Law of Natural Justice. I have read various supereme court and high court judgements, but didn't find any relating to my problem.

Can I take any legal remedy from judiciary?

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2019

given facts indicate that there is no chargesheet against you.  please clarify.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register