LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S. A P Venkatesh (EHS Manager)     21 June 2010

GUIDE ME ON THIS CASE

I worked for a private company. During my joining they made a policy of retaining 15% of my CTC every month. This money will be returned at the end of the year or on confirmation. My confirmation was for 6 months and i got it but they did not pay my retention amount, I awaited for the year end then also they did not pay my retention amount accumulated. I requested them my money, they said they will give I again awited for 2 months and I did not see any sign of getting my money. Hence I took leave and went in search of job, After I got a job I resigned my job stating that since they have not given my money in time after repeated request I am resigning the job. They even did not pay my last month salary I worked for. The money has accoumulated to about 2 lakhs, I do not want leave this hard earned money. Can anyone guide me in getting my money back.

Learning

2 Replies

sushil bhatt (Law Officer)     21 June 2010

You may issue them a legal notice through an advocate with complete break-up of pending dues alongwith reference of your earlier communication with them on first instance and if not paid then you may choose to file a suit for recovery from your employer.

Regards

T.R. Ganesan (Advocate)     21 June 2010

Dear Venkatesh,

First and formost you have to address a letter to your ex-employer requesting therein

to pay all your legal dues including the 15% deducted  from your salary and also last month

salary .  On receipt of the reply you may have to choose the option for taking legal actions.  If at

all you contemplate to initiate any legal action you have to approach Civil Court, because you have workied in

the capacity of a Manager.  However, you have to bear the legal expenses for filing the case such as Court

Fees, and process fees and also incidental expenses besides Advocate fee.

If you require any more clarification call on 9867511061.

T.R. Ganesan

Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register