LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Umashankar Sambashivam   30 October 2019

Regarding 3 year LLB course regulation

Sir, we are studying 3 year LLB course in karnataka state law university in karnataka. One of my friend Manohar joined in the college in the year of 2010 in 3 year LLB course on thst time normal course period is 3 years and additional 3 years given for clearing arrears so 6 years regulation period after that in 2017 2nd amendment made by the university and gave additional one more year for LLB so total course period is 3 years normal period and 4 years is span period. In this case my friend is crossed this 7 years course regulation period but he have only one paper arrear to complete the course. denied it stating the course regulation period is over. My friend filed writ petition in Honorable karnataka high court praying to squash the kslu 3 year LLB course regulation and order him to write the exam but the learned single division bench headed by chief justice of high Court dismiss the petition stating thst kslu had framed the regulation carefully with the guidance of of bar council of India. So my friend challenge was dismissed in single bench. What is the remedy for my friend to write one paper arrear. Kindly clarify me

Note I filed RTI to Kslu requesting information about total number of student studied and how many of them completed the LLB course in stipulated time. Kslu replied 50% of student not completed because of regulation period is over, nearly 8000 plus students not able to complete.

Kindly advice

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 October 2019

You can contact those unsuccessful candidates and get a petition before KSLU and BCI to permit a last chance for those 8000 unsuccessful candidates, who could not complete LLB course with backlogs less than three, and after receiving a response may approach HC through writ.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register