LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Goenka (Director)     21 June 2010

Electoral Reforms & Mandatory Voting

Hello, I am in the process of launching a PIL with the following main points: a) Having all elections such as National Parliament, State Legislature & Local Bodies, held at the same time once in 5 yrs, b) Amending the constitution to include Duty to Vote as a Fundamental Duty under Article 51A of our constitution, c) Making Voting Mandatory by amending the appropriate laws such as Representation of People's Act etc. For those who're interested, I'm attaching the concept paper to generate discussion on these matters. I'd also welcome SC Lawyers who're members of this distinguished fraternity to associate with me in my endeavours. Thnks & Rgds-Ravi Goenka, Jaipur, Mob: 9214668292

Learning

6 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 June 2010

people should accept it by heart, not by legal pressure.

Ravi Goenka (Director)     22 June 2010

I respect your views Mr Gupta. However then, no PIL should ever be launched for anything at all, as all such contentious issues should be accepted by people & politicians by heart, not by legal force. Unfortunately, it'd all then remain a distant dream and our democracy would continue to remain the way it is.  Rgds

(Guest)

Mr. Ravi Goenka, if I don't like to vote any of the standing candidates if all are either criminals or any other kind of antisocial elements ?  Can you force me to give my vote to any of them ? 

No rule can force me for it.

Please extend to us your home work for your PIL in this regard... 

Mr Samudre, I totally understand your concern. Your concern is as genuine as Mr Gupta's concern was earlier. What I'd suggest is that you first go through the concept paper (which you can download now from my first msg) and then we can have a detailed discussion. Regards

(Guest)

SURE.

Yes, tt is a DRF AGENDA too.  We are with you to make it feasible.

Please let me have proper time on it.  Please try to understand that we are also attaining our going on assignments at present so. 

Thank you for your words of support. I await your further comments. One Dr Atul Sarode of Jalgaon is also with me in this endeavour.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register