Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sathish   28 October 2019

Employer refused my gratuity (4 years 8 months 10 days)

Hi Experts,

I joined in a E-Publishing company (MNC) on 15 September 2014 and my last working day was in the same company is 25 May 2019. As per calucation my service period was 4 Years 8 Months 10 Days but employer said they have an calculation excel while entering the above said dates it comes like 4 years 6 months. I dont know what calcualtion there are using. Kindly help me in letting me know that if i am eligible for gratutity or not. My company has 6 days in a week working model (Alternative saturday are closed).

Waiting for experts advise.

Learning

4 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     29 October 2019

Replied already above...

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 October 2019

Some High Courts have decided that the period of service of 240 days or more for the fifth years renders the employee eigible for gratuity. This decision is binding in other States, but of pursuaive value. You may seek legal remedies based on those decisions.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     31 October 2019

Dear Sathish, Referring to your DOJ and DOL, you are eligible for gratuity as per Section 4(1)(b) of the POG Act. Please apply in Form-I to your Employer and ask him to issue you Form-L, where you can check your details and future this record will act as evidence. In case there is any dispute, you can approach to the Controlling Authority. 

Aside I am attaching a circular from the Karnataka Labour Office, please look into it.https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/editor_upload/186091_20191031133354_193769470circular_of_pog_karnataka.pdf

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2019

appealable.                      

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register