LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

madhu (nothing)     29 October 2019

Promotions for contract employees

Are contract employees eligible for promotions in autonomous societies administered by ministry under government of India.

Learning

11 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     29 October 2019

1.  Contract workers /employees are not entitled to ANY benefits that are available to registered employees, due to their limited purpose work temporary assignments.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     31 October 2019

It will depend on the terms and tenure of the contract. Sometimes in order to escape the obligations towards a regular employee, persons are appointed on contract basis. Such employees will have to fight for their rights.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2019

please elborate facts adn what exactly is the problem faced.

Kindly do not set question paper for promotion examination.

madhu (nothing)     16 November 2019

Fact is I am regular employee working in an autonomous society funded by ministry of Govt of india. I was called for promotion interview along with contract employees on scale. Contract employees are given promotions but I didn't get promotion. The decision appears to be taken solely based on my interview only. Since my APAR ratings are up to benchmark I am allowed for interview along with contract employees on scale. Under these circumstances I wanted to know what kind of options are available to me.

Originally posted by : madhu
Fact is I am regular employee working in an autonomous society funded by ministry of Govt of india. I was called for promotion interview along with contract employees on scale. Contract employees are given promotions but I didn't get promotion. The decision appears to be taken solely based on my interview only. Since my APAR ratings are up to benchmark I am allowed for interview along with contract employees on scale. Under these circumstances I wanted to know what kind of options are available to me.

FIrst of all nothing prevented you fraom sharing these facts earlier

Please refer to complete facts as to

1. what is the post
  2. what is DR/promotion quota
  3. what is qualification other eligibiity of the of promotion/DR quota.
  4. whether contract employee were actually called for promotion or for direct recruiotment to higher post.

madhu (nothing)     16 November 2019

1) Scientist D 2) There is no DR/promotion quota, promotion is not subject to availability of vacancies. However from the eligible candidates 1/3rd were only given promotion in each round, i.e., 3 opportunities as per MFCS. 3)4 years of exp in Scientist C grade 4)100% for promotion interview purpose only beyond any doubts.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 November 2019

Noting clear.

The only thing I can undertand is that this was promotion exercise and oly those can be considered who figure in sernioirty list which certinly cannot include contract worker.

madhu (nothing)     17 November 2019

Thanks for your time. The members initial/joining post will become operative once the employee superannuates, till that time that post in which he joined on selection basis (DR) initially becomes inoperative and he gets promotion to the next grade irrespective of availability of vacancy. Just for information.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 November 2019

Originally posted by : madhu
Thanks for your time. The members initial/joining post will become operative once the employee superannuates, till that time that post in which he joined on selection basis (DR) initially becomes inoperative and he gets promotion to the next grade irrespective of availability of vacancy. Just for information.

Perhaps you are talking about those who were recruited and ot for those wowere just on contract.

madhu (nothing)     18 November 2019

This process is being applied equally for both regular as well as recruitees on contract scale alike upto Scientist F grade as of now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register