LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavani Moparthi   18 October 2019

Advice on Divorce

Hi, i�ve Filed for divorce and it was contested divorce and but no alimony was paid, I heard that a separate law suit was filed by respondents and I was not informed. In that it�s written I was paid alimony. Can I know whether another divorce case can be filed

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Deepak (Advocate)     26 October 2019

Once the divorce case is decided and divorce is granted, no fresh divorce case can be filed. Only an appeal can be filed to challenge the divorce granted. Separate lawsuit can be filed to claim maintenance.

Pavani Moparthi   17 December 2021

I claimed for a lumpsum and not a maintenance. 

Anaita Vas   18 January 2022

The alimony amount can be taken either as a one-time lump sum or as a fixed payment that could be given monthly or quarterly, depending on the requirement of the recipient. It is advised to the recipients to choose to be paid the entire amount at once so as to avoid potential loss of future payments if, say, the spouse loses their job or dies.

Once the court passes the order, the supporting spouse has to pay alimony within the timeline decided. If payments are not made in time, there are consequences; the court can take further action against the spouse, such as penalties.

That Court Will provide your husband a date till which you have to pay the alimony to the party concerned, If the due date for alimony has been passed and your husband hasn't paid the alimony then the party concerned could file an application for the execution of the decree and the court could order the execution of the decree either by the arrest, attachment of movable property, immovable property or even by asking your husband to pay the alimony in cash/cheque/D.D., as the case may be.

Regards,

Anaita Vas

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register