LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram Yadav (lachhi.yadav@gmail.com)     17 October 2019

Name change

I passed my 10th class many years ago from HARYANA board. In my certificates my surname is not written. I want to have my surname in place of kumar. I checked the board's website, there is a procedure but they'll provide the new marksheets with my name written as may name alias my name I am going to apply for passport. Will my passport have both the names. Will it cause problems because of these two names. Or there is any procedure so that I can only have my name as ankit without that alias. I know about the legal procedure to change the name BUT i want to change it in my certificates also.

Learning

4 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     17 October 2019

For Passport, you need to submit copy of your Birth Certificate. What is the name written in the Birth Certificate?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 October 2019

As per revised regulations, even a qualifying certificate from Board is approved where DOB certificate is not available.  In case of doubts always obtain a passport through some agency for a smooth issue, as they might have come across such issues many times in the past, and will guide you suitably.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 October 2019

When there are problems with your name, it is not understood why you should create one. A surname, most often, only denotes the caste.

Shanmugam .C   21 October 2019

Sir You told that you know the procedures for name change. First change your name and after getting Gazette notifications. You approach any Organisation by enclosing the Gazettee notifications for old name and new name.They will accepting Mark sheet and t.c . But, it not be corrected based on new name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register