Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 October 2019

Under Section 497 IPC, adultery was punishable with 7 years' imprisonment. But less than a year back the Supreme Court struck of the Section as anachronistic. So you can merrily have relationship with a woman married to another man. But watch out for her husband. What happened to Indra may happen to you or worse.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     10 October 2019

1.  IF the said "married woman" squeals RAPE, THEN you can be jailed and can enjoy atleast seven years of free lodging & boarding absolutely free in the Jail.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Shashi Dhara   10 October 2019

Not punished but you will be welcomed with garlands(chhappals,boots,rotten eggs,rotten tomatoes with charity beat) in open public procession

TGK REDDI   10 October 2019

The Reply of Shri Shasi Dhara is in theory only.

For not having s*x with married and unmarried women I'm made to go to the dogs.    I'll never see 75 again and have been without s*x for forty years.    I had about 15 communions with about ten women in my life. 

Hundreds of women threatened, "Where will you go?"

One new bride from a distant village to my village said the day she came to my village, "Can you stay in this village without talking with me?"

One wman said, " Nenu digite gani nee dinam cheyyanu."

Another woman said, "I'll treat the devil you're possessed by."

I treat women as ogresses.    Don't pose the good old question: Isn't your mother a woman?

1 Like

Pardeep Sharma   16 October 2019

what if adultery is committed before 27 sep 2018? what if the case has been registered before the 497 was declared unconstitutional?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 October 2019

If a law is abrogated as unconstitutional, it is from the date of the constitution or from the date of any amendments to the constitution that made the law unconstitutional.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 October 2019

Section 497 was not a conizable offence. Action would have been initiated only if the aggrieved husband filed a criminal complaint before a magistrate. Now even that is not possible. If the woman turns around and cries Me-too you will have problem even now.

Archit Uniyal   13 May 2020

Hi,

Adultery is voluntary s*xual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not their spouse.

You may read these article for a better understanding of Adultery in India:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/adultery-and-rape-under-indian-penal-code-9010.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/sc-strikes-down-158-year-old-adultery-law-under-section-497-ipc-9452.asp

Supreme Court has ruled adultery is no longer a crime, striking down a 158-year-old colonial-era law.

Regards,
Archit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register