LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhiyaneswar.R (student)     07 October 2019

land act

We paid around 50k INR in 1990 for 1acre land in Vellore. Took a sign from owner of the land and called them for a registration recently. They are demanding more money now. Earlier due to trust issues we didn't register land but now we want to do it without paying Additional amount. any suggestions

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     07 October 2019

Ji, took a sign from the land owner in the year 1990, is it registered? I think this was not registered.  I opine he is a good seller.  after 29 years he is ready to register you by demanding some extra amount.  so it is better to settle the issue amicably by taking help of elders and well wishers. consult a local lawyer having knowledge in property matters.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 October 2019

As it is presumed that land is in your possession with mutation in municipal records, issue a notice for specific performance and I believe that this will certainly bring the seller to fall in line or his reply may pave your way to get adverse possession ownership through declaration by proper authorities.

Dhiyaneswar.R (student)     10 October 2019

yes land in our possession since 30 years. thanks for the reply sir.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 October 2019

Even when seller fails to register it in your name, you can enter into settlement deed or compromise deed or gift deed and can generate a registered document with such title.  Contact any local advocate.

Nageshwara Lunavath   12 August 2020

actually land record act,how many year under farming to his own land to count

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register