Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mathew (we)     16 June 2010

Question on validity of agreement

Hello,

I joined a company and they made me sign a contract which state that I have to give them a four month notice before leaving. But in one day i figured that the company was a fraud company as many employees of the company whom i met on day 1 gave very bad feedback. there was huge misrepresentation from compnay side. .So i met the officials on day 2 of my employment and quit. Now they have send me a legal notice asking for a payment of 4 lacks which is the salary for 4 months. the agreement is just on white paper and not stamp paper etc. I didnt take any payment etc from the company. Should i pay up ? Is the contract enforceable against me ?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Learning

3 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     16 June 2010

You similar query raised in the expert section has already been resolved in detail. so refer to those replies.

harsh asthana (advocate)     16 June 2010

I can answer your query provided you furnish more details regarding the fraud and other contract details

Basavaraj (Asst, Manager-Legal)     02 July 2010

Yes go through the expert forum you can see all advise given.

But I think when you joined that company after sign 4 months notice is required. I think in coporate sector in new companies will appoint on basis of probihation so will be post for 6 or 1 year probihation, under thise you need not to give 4 months notice to your company, as said my another learned friend provide all details about your case so you can get full advise on your problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register