LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen Yadav   24 July 2019

Divorce case

Sirs, I got married on 14.05.2019 and on 13.06.2019 i caught my wife talking to her boyfriend. I have the whatsapp messages and 6 months call details which clearly show that they used to call each other many a times in day. I asked her to get divorce and she agreed to it. Now her family is demanding 10 lakh Rupees as settlement amount. My marriage is just 2 months old. Can i file a divorce case or file a mutual case? Further do i have to pay the amount even if she is in fault? Please advise Regards Praveen

Learning

7 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     24 July 2019

You can file divorce application in the court. As your wife has committed the adultry you will not be required to pay maintenance. 

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     24 July 2019

In case evidence of adultery are strong, you dnt have to maintenance considering duration of your marriage.

TGK REDDI   24 July 2019

Though absence of premarital and extra marital s*x can't be visualized, it's, to my mind, appropriate the law makers retained it as a ground for divorce and, for males also, made it uncriminal. There's a nuance here. Maintenance is not granted for a woman who lives in adultery. Does occasional adultery deprive a woman of maintenance? I solicit the comments of the members and Experts.

TGK REDDI   24 July 2019

Though absence of premarital and extra marital s*x can't be visualized, it's, to my mind, appropriate the law makers retained it as a ground for divorce and, for males also, made it uncriminal. There's a nuance here. Maintenance is not granted for a woman who lives in adultery. Does occasional adultery deprive a woman of maintenance? I solicit the comments of the members and Experts.

TGK REDDI   24 July 2019

TGK REDDI   24 July 2019

TGK REDDI   24 July 2019

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register