Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudhakar (Teacher)     12 July 2019

Non payment of gratuity by employer for 13 years (2005-2018)

I am Mr. Sudhakar R, an ex-employee of Akshayah Matriculation Higher Secondary School, No 7, LIC colony, Tansi Nagar, Velachery, chennai - 600042. Website address: www.akshayah.co.in   I did not get the graduity amount for my service period of 13 years (2005 - 2018).I have submitted my resignation letter (prior three month notice) on 03 Jan 2018 clearly mentioning the employer to pay my graduity. I have resigned on 21 Apr 2018. I have mentioned about non payment of graduity dues to my employer on my last working day with a formal letter duly signed by the school office authority since there was no Principal or Headmaster in service in the school at that time. I have filled an RTI application on 18 apr 2019 followed by RTI first appeal 19 june 2019 to submit my salary slips for 13 years for me to calculate the graduity and provident fund contribution of the employer as it is a very low contribution from the employer which is reflected on my PF passbook. The employer did not answer my RTI application and RTI first appeal. I seek your help in getting my graduity amount from my employer at the earliest without any further delay. Regards Sudhakar

List of unrecognized school in chennai released by chennai collector on 17 june 2019 has Akshayah Global School in the list with serial no 28. The school is still functioning without any approval from the state government till now. I worked in Akshayah Matriculation Higher secondary school which is also functioning in the same building of Akshayah Global school both schools belong to the same management. I have filled a petition regarding non payment of my graduity for a service period of 13 years 2005 - 2018my PF contribution by the employer is also very low. Kindly help me out in getting my dues paid at the earliest by the
employer. I wouls like to bring it to your kind notice about Akshayah Global School which functions in the same building of Akshayah Matriculation with address No 7, LIC Colony, Tansi Nagar, Velachery, Chennai - 42 would like to
inform you pointwise about Akshayah Global School 1. I have got to know that none of the teaching faculty have any degree in the field of Education.For example in any Chennai school teaching faculty should have a B.Ed degree which
is mandatory.(Bachelor of Education). 2. They charge exuberant amount as fee but parentsstudents are treated badly if there is a delay in the payment due to any genuine reason. 3.Food provided by the management is patheticsubstandard. 4.They had promised to start angling, fishing, archerygolf for students in the last academic year still its in the message not in reality. 5.They terminate teachers at their own whimsfancy. Assistant teacher is later made to handle the subject who has poor communication skills. 6. They do not have Principal/Headmistress in matriculation school but they make Principal of global school to handle
matriculation school work. 7. RTE Right to Education 25 percent free seats for educating the poor children is denied by the management in both matriculationglobal school as well. Kindly take appropriate action against such unrecognized school.

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhakar (Teacher)     13 July 2019

Dear Mr Om Prakash,

Yes, i was working as a FULL TIME - post graduate teacher in teaching computer science for classes XI and XII and had a service period of 13 years(2015 - 2018) without any breakup of service inbetween. The employer is yet to pay gratuity for me.

Grievance petition PMOPG/E/2019/0136378 to Labour commisioner, chennai didnot bring any result at all.

I am waiting for more than 90 days after filling RTI application and RTI first appeal to Public information officer but northing is working out.

Sudhakar (Teacher)     13 July 2019

Dear Mr Om Prakash,

FYI

My employer had called me over phone 3 months before and promised that he will pay gratuity to me after a legal opinion from his advocate.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register