Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vimal   07 July 2019

How to legally handle the apartment committee if they do not conduct general meeting and do not provide yearly expense report

I'm living in an apartment in chennai from last year January 2018. And it has totally 64 flats in it. Every month paid all the maintenance till last December 2018. In the month of November 2018 I asked them for General meeting to submit the annual expenses report. They did not do it till now. Whenever topic comes related to General meeting or expense report no one from the committee will respond. Till now they have not given any report related to expense or conducted Annual meeting for Year 2018. Today 7th July group of committee people came to my door asking for maintenance, I told them as I will not pay even a single paise until General meeting is conducted and expense report is submitted. For this one among of the committee members started shouting at me and threatened as they will disconnect the water supply. How to handle this legally? I'm not asking them something out box but only the report for the money paid to them. I believe this is rights for the residents to ask the report details and committee responsibility to provide them annually.

Learning

10 Replies

Vandana Bhola   08 July 2019

for best legal advise contact us on our details.. www.lexpanacea.com

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 July 2019

Ms. Vandana, please stop misusing this forum!

How is the affairs managed - as cooperative society or in any other collective form? Is it registered?

Vimal   08 July 2019

Apartment have a Registered association

Vimal   08 July 2019

Apartment have a Registered association

If so, there would certainly a provision in the bylaw suggesting the solution. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 July 2019

If you are a member, issue a legal notice or formal notice to Secretary for conducting the general body meeting, pointing out the specific violations in Bye laws that state the periods in which AGMs are to be conducted and not conducted, and also make a complaint to the Registrar and request him to direct the society for conducting of such AGM.

Vimal   08 July 2019

Sir till now the association have not disclosed the bye law even after I repeatedly asked it.

Vimal   08 July 2019

They did not even get any written consent or signature for the bye law they hold

prkumar (n/a)     19 October 2019

am also facing such problems, kindly do provide some solutions

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register