LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RASIKA GUPTA   21 June 2019

order under DV act

I am currently fighting a divorce case against my husband from Delhi which I won along with my maintenance case in Kolkata lower court( wherein his divorce petition was dismissed and my petition for maintenance was granted). I had also filed a case under the DV act in which I have a won a favourable order wherein the judge has ordered that I should be allowed to return to my matrimonial home or be provided an alternative accommodation of my choosing. We have not lived together for the past 5 years, as I wasn't allowed to reenter my home so currently i have been residing here in Kolkata at my grandmothers from where I have fought all cases. Now I want to return home is there any law that prevents me from living in my matrimonial home? if so under what act and section of the I.P.C? also am i supposed to inform the local police and seek their help to execute the order to get me to reenter my matrimonial home in Delhi?I have certified copies of all orders, I just need to know how to proceed as I don't have any source of income apart from depending on my family.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     22 June 2019

Rasika!

Congrats on your victory. As far as Maintenance is concerned hope your husaband is paying you. Further, you may furnish the certified copy of the order obtained under the DV Act before the Local Police Station along with your applicationto the Station House Officer asking them to assist you in re-entering your Matrimonial Home.  

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

RASIKA GUPTA   23 June 2019

hi rohit,
he filed an appeal in high court in maintaince case .Even I've filed an appeal for increase in my maintenance amount .sir my case on appeal to supreme court was transferred from New Delhi to Kolkata .after struggling for 6 years I've won both my divorce n maintaince case .later in 2019 I filed dv .sir do I need to go to local Delhi station or Kolkata?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register