Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moniya (accounts student)     13 June 2010

Money fraud .....what the solution???

Dear Sir,

I lend some money (£2200) to  my husband's friend. That friends son is in london so he wants to pay some fees from here (india) to london bank. I have my uk bank account so he asked us to pay directly there and i will give money here in ruppes. But this incident happend on 1st Oct 2009. Till we are asking for money and recently he said do whatever u want. i dont have money. 

His son is student there in  hammersmith college, as we are aware he is going to canada there and want to disaapear there for 10 years. so then he can get green card. I approched to university but they are helpless. I am in india and my bank in uk. so UK bank also saying that you can make a complaint in UK police. But how i can do all this. Our india law have any solution? I want some solution for this problem and dont know where to ask????

Your advice and help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Learning

7 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     13 June 2010

This is a very difficult situation and the procedure for recovery of money is quite cumbersome. Since you have remitted the money through banking channel, can get a proof of remittance certificate from your bankers and file a criminal complaint of cheating with the local police station in India (if the guy is still in India). Even this would be difficult - one you have no concrete proof of the transaction and the police also may view this as a civil transaction, and advise you to file a civil suit. Best feasible option would be contact a common friend, prevail on the person to get what ever worth can be recovered. While the breach of trust is a deadly sin, there is hardly a legal remedy for such transactions where we lend money or extend some help in complete good faith.

vasudevan

1 Like

mahendrakumar (marketing)     13 June 2010

how can you prove that you had given the money as a "loan"?

do you have any proof of acknowledgement by them?

eventhough you had been cheated,unless you have some proof,i think it is very difficult to win your case.

other experts may give some practical advise.

Anmol Sharma (advocate)     13 June 2010

you can file case of cheating against them in india too

where do you live?

Moniya (accounts student)     13 June 2010

hi thanks for comments.

I am in ahmedabad and that friend is in ahmedabad too. His son is in london at the moment. I have proof of bank statement from where i electronically transferred some money to hammersmith college straight away. 

pls give some advice more for some strong action.

Thanks

Moniya

Radha Vakil (Legal Assist)     16 November 2011

Monika,

TO GET JURISDICTION, U submit in  COMPLAINT THAT WE INITIATED TALK, AND PLAN TO CHEAT U WAS PREPARED BY ORAL TALK AT AHMEDABAD, , TRANSACTION IS LATER STAGE, U CAN SUCCESSFULLY START CRIMINAL ACTION, BREACH OF TRUST & CHEATING ARE NOB BAILABLE VERY SERIOUS OFFENCE CAN RESULT INTO seizure of PASSPORT . BRITISH POLICE MAY ALSO HELP ON WRITTEN COMPLANT TO THEM. pl no loan , u paid for something, that was not delivered to ??

What happened in thses 5 months? any action takn by u??

Radha Vakil (Legal Assist)     16 November 2011

Monika,

in case u like me to assist, must send alll doc, by e mail , scan copies to E mail: radhavakil3@gmail.com 

with details of friendship, where & when u arranged to senf fund,where the beneficier now? uk. usa, who  requested u to send money ? what u declared in i tax rtd for this sending of fund, any legal notice or written communication u had with him/ them,

This helps to plan  & draft complaint  & prparec case that result in justc in ur fvr.

Jai Radhe Krisnan 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 November 2011

Only UK court would have jurisdiction over this case.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register